ScopeThis policy applies to all workers at AAFCANS, including employees, directors, contractors or subcontractors, consultants, and volunteers.
Policy StatementAAFCANS is committed to providing, maintaining and promoting, a safe and healthy workplace that will contribute to the wellbeing of all workers and those who may be impacted by its operations. All senior managers (officers) are responsible for demonstrating due diligence and taking every precaution that is reasonable to protect the health and safety of workers and others. All workers including all employees, contractors, subcontractors, and volunteers are responsible for working safely at all times, and following reasonable instructions. All other people visiting our workplace are also responsible for taking reasonable care for their own health and safety and not adversely affecting the health and safety of those around them. In order to achieve this commitment and continuous improvement of our work health and safety performance, AAFCANS will:
- Comply with the Commonwealth Work Health and Safety Act 2011, the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2011, supporting Codes of Practice and standards.
- Consult, encourage and support officers and workers to take responsibility and an active role in work health and safety matters.
- Identify and review hazards and report associated risks with the aim to eliminate or minimise the risks as far as is reasonably practicable in accordance with the nature of the workplace activities and scale of the health and safety risks.
- Provide appropriate training and education for officers, workers, visitors, health and safety professionals and representatives and first aid officers.
- Develop, implement and review our Work Health and Safety Management System, including setting of measurable objectives and targets to ensure continual improvement.
- Ensure health and safety information is disseminated to all workers and visitors to the workplace.
- Ensure reasonable resources are available to implement the commitments above.
|Policy Manager: HR Manager||Approval Authority: Managing Director|
|Date of Publication: 5th March 2019||Date to be Reviewed: 5th March 2021|